If you’re a restaurant fancier, you simply must read this bit of humor. It was fantastic!
Catching up on my SciFi Channel watching tonight, I’ve seen (more than once … but that’s a different rant) Burger King‘s latest ad campaign, featuring the return of Dr. Angus (Harry Enfield). You know the character:
- (too) perfect teeth
- “sloppy” speech (much like Patrick over at Nobody Likes Onions)
- Hair only Wink Martindale’s mother could love
- bit of a paunch
Yep … that’s the guy (I’ve gotta give Enfield credit, he does a great job with this character). And the focus of this latest campaign, the crux of Dr. Angus’ latest “empower yourself through beef” movement? Power Sitting: the power of the Angus to enable you to sit … and enjoy things … like hamburgers that require two hands and a forklift to maneuver.
Now, on one hand, I find the concept cute … on the other hand, I’ve gotta ask myself one question:
“With all the concern with obesity in America, doesn’t an obviously overweight man encouraging people to partake of inactivity while they eat hamburgers the size of their own heads … seem contradictory … or maybe just plain wrong?”
Remember those cool communicators in Earth: Final Conflict? Or, perhaps, the ones from TekWar (ok, ok, yeah it’s a Shatner thing, but the technology was cool)?
We’re getting close … check out this little ditty from over at GadgetFlash. Phillips has it goin’ on.
Every blog has its day, and that it happens to be today. Yep, that’s right, today is BlogDay 2005, when bloggers around the world are to link to 5 new blogs. Interesting concept, in that it gets you to “think outside the blog” … or, at least, the blogosphere you’re familiar with.
So, without further adieu, here are some new blogs I’ve stumbled across:
- For the science-minded, check out the Physics Blog. Everything from noteworthy news to poetry.
- “It’s a dog’s life” is more than a phrase over at the Beagle Chronicles.
- Everybody’s got to have a hobby. If numismatics is yours, swing by hobbyblog.
- For those of you who simply cannot get enough of your celebrity chefs (Gordon Ramsay’s so cute when he’s mad, don’t you think?), there’s SuperChef Blog.
- For you Oracle-fanciers (I’m talking about the database, people! Sheesh), and some insight from one of Oracle’s best insiders, check out the Tom Kyte Blog.
So, get out there, get clicking, and check out more blogs!
Taken from the Wikipedia entry:
Just think back to some of the colorful mixed metaphors attributed to Ross Perot, and you’ll get the general idea.
What’s this have to do with blogging? I’m glad you asked:
- I used to have a Fnorder (code that generated Fnords) on my old site (one of these days, I’ll get around to bringing the “lab” back online … maybe), written in PHP. If you’re interested, you can pick up the script from Steve Jackson Games.